Grand Magnate

Member Since Oct 2017
241 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 09, 2024 at 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raspberrytorte View Post
My therapist WORKS with my psychiatrist. She went to my last appointment with him in fact! I don't know WHAT she's talking about but I researched what exactly my primary can do that my psychiatrist can't and it's pretty much the same thing with the exception of putting me on testosterone suppressing hormones and I don't want to go messing with my hormones like that and like I said my primary is a moron! She's clueless! She'd just look at my file and my med list and tell me to talk to my psychiatrist. I know she would. So my therapist was no help. She was actually quite hurtful. I think her and I are going to have a little chat.

Don't worry. You're not hurting my feelings.

I'm confused and don't understand what's wrong with me anymore.

But I'm calling my psychiatrist's office on Monday and talking to a nurse. I don't care what my therapist thinks about it. Hopefully a nurse there will be more understanding because this is just absolute anguish. I can't concentrate on anything except thoughts of my husband. I write about him. I look at pictures of him. I listen to the lyrics of love songs. It's AWFUL. I'm so hot and bothered I can't stand it!!!!
Be sure to mention all your symptoms to the nurse, not just the hypersexuality. You should write out a list of all your symptoms and include them such as the hypersexuality, insomnia, pressured speech, etc. and have the list ready to read to the nurse. It's easy to forget to mention things during a conversation especially when you have hypomania. Frankly, I wouldn't worry about your hormones until you get the hypomania under control. The hypersexuality is a classic symptom of bipolar mania; I'm sure you realize that. Your therapist is an idiot. If she can't recognize hypomania when she sees it, really I'd look into finding a different T.

Seroquel, Cymbalta, propanolol, buspirone, Trazodone, gabapentin, lamotrigine, hydroxyzine,

There's a crack in everything. That is how the light gets in.
--Leonard Cohen
Blueberrybook is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bizi, raspberrytorte

Thanks for this!
bizi, raspberrytorte