View Single Post
Hanna2

Member Since Jun 2024
Blush Jun 11, 2024 at 06:13 AM

Hi everyone,

I (F 36) have been seeing this amazing therapist for 3 years now (She is female too and around 40-ish). I've always got on well with her as she is a very friendly person, always smiley, and she understand my issues very well. The last past 2 months I've started to notice I missed her more in between the sessions, I wanted to spend time with her and get to know her and her life. The longings were very intense to the point it was physically painful. I think it all started around when we had to meet in public places to do some exposure therapy for my anxiety. I've started to notice how good it felt speaking to her (there was some chit chat too during our work) and spending that hour with her. Those positive feelings increased to the point of romantic/sexual fantasies outside the sessions. I can't stop thinking of her despite being happily in a relationship
Now, I know rationally nothing will ever happen and she is very ethical/have good boundaries, and also I would never cheat on my partner and hurt her.
But a part of me wants to keep doing the exposure therapy so that I can see her (and hope she'll reciprocate), despite I'm improving. Would you tell her I'm better and stop it? Or would you discuss feelings with her? She's also a straight woman so it's hard to bring it up as I'm scared she will be grossed out
Thanks for the support
Hanna2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
LonesomeTonight