View Single Post
Molinit
Grand Member

Member Since Nov 2015
89 hugs
given
Default Jun 11, 2024 at 07:52 AM

To answer the issues in order:

- I don't understand what the upset about the man was - are you upset he didn't flirt with you? Regardless, he shouldn't be doing that anyway.

- You shouldn't be communicating with anyone but your immediate supervisor about "running late" or any other attendance thing. I have been working at my place of employment for 6 years and only 2 people have my cell #, one of which is my boss.

- The sickness and the whole sick time issue - if you are part-time and don't get sick time then it is what it is. If you are researching laws and presenting the law to your boss, this is not going to be viewed as a positive thing. You are saying to them "you are operating illegally" and how do you expect an employer to take that? You could also have reported it to New York State Department of Labor and let them sort it out.

- Going full time after the merge - this can't even be answered until the merger occurs and a new look at labor vs business needs is done. Asking prior to this big event is not going to get you an answer.

- How long is the probation period and when is your review? If your probation is only 90 days it doesn't seem like you're going to be there past that period. If it's 6 months you maybe could turn it around and last but you'll need to just put your head down, do your work and maybe you'll survive.

Frankly, IMO this is a normal environment when there is a group of ladies who know each other well and a newcomer comes in, which is why I don't work in medical offices or banks because I don't operate well in that environment. It gets real "mean girl" like and I'm not in high school anymore.

Here is a part-time bank-related customer service remote job (since you have that experience) and it won't be up for long

PART-TIME Remote Customer Service Rep

I don't work for a bank, but I actually got my current job from the same site and I have been remote since 2 years before COVID, plus I have full benefits: Rat Race Rebellion - Real Work from Home Jobs Since 1999
Molinit is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
unaluna

Thanks for this!
unaluna