View Single Post
16PennyNail

Member Since Mar 2024
98 hugs
given
Default Jun 12, 2024 at 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninetiesgrl13 View Post
So I know that phrase can be used to describe an optimistic view, but I’d like to apply it toward relationships in a concerning way.

I feel like my brain is still stuck repeating romantic and amazing memories from the first couple yrs of our relationship. The difference between then and now feels like a world of hurt(see my new member post) involving my husband’s addiction and his lies. My mood seems to change from loving him to hating him all the time. I don’t want to feel this way, but the more he drinks behind my back, the more I want to hate him. He says that I can trust him with a lot of things still..just not with that one thing. Well, that one thing is destroying how I feel about him. 🙁

I still miss him at work, and want to daydream about romantic scenarios that could still happen..but then I go home and see him and the reality of how I feel(resentment) sets in and I want to hate him. Am I crazy?😛 I’m tired of my brain setting me up for disappointment. Do I just commit to hating him and being cold and distant if he won’t quit with the drinking and lies?
Fortunately, addiction often has a genetic component, including alcoholism. The gene responsible for alcoholism has now been mapped in the human body. Individuals with this gene secrete an alcohol dismutase enzyme that rapidly breaks down and metabolizes alcohol.

I am fortunate to have never fallen into alcoholism, but I used to support those who did. While I don't agree with everything in Alcoholics Anonymous (AA), they are right about one thing. For those battling alcoholism, they often face one of three outcomes: 1) death, 2) jail, or 3) other types of institutions. Alcoholism is considered a disease and has an almost 100% mortality rate for those who can't overcome it. It is a tragic disease that can tear relationships apart. I witnessed my father get married five times, all to good people, only for alcoholism to destroy those relationships. We always want to see the best in people, but their actions can become intolerable. I'm sorry that this issue has impacted your relationship. Maybe, he will find the help he needs one day.

Hugs from:
Ninetiesgrl13, Open Eyes

Thanks for this!
Ninetiesgrl13, Open Eyes