View Single Post
Brown Owl 2

Member Since Sep 2020
9 hugs
given
Default Jun 12, 2024 at 06:19 AM

I’ve seen several T’s (all female), and I generally felt something similar to how you feel, towards all of them. I only ever saw them in the therapy room. I’m a straight woman, however the feelings included sexual feelings, a sense of deep love for the T’s and a longing for my session to come around. It felt physically painful at times. My approach was to just notice and observe the feelings. I never discussed them, probably because I felt a bit of shame about them. I consider them to be a normal occurrence in therapy, I think many people feel that way, and as such I think that T’s should be accepting of them. I think that maybe they relate to early feelings that an infant has about being with their mother (or either parent). If that’s the case. I wonder if there could be something helpful to the client about feeling them, maybe in terms of some kind of healing process? On the other hand I found them to be a bit disruptive in my everyday life and they perhaps influenced how present I was with other people in my life. For this reason I think that being in therapy long term wouldn’t be good for me.
Brown Owl 2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote