View Single Post
MuddyBoots
Monster on the Hill

Member Since Sep 2020
5,272 hugs
given
Default Jun 13, 2024 at 09:48 AM

I don't know if my answer is relevant considering I've moved from rural to touristy area to drug den and back and ended up in a relatively decent part of a small city, and in the different areas people just act different and approach their job different.

Up north (rural&conservative), I did notice a lot of people becoming more angry. Conversations at the gas station switched from "yuuup, old John oughta put his horse down. Cruel fccker won't shoot that miserable old thing with that broken back. Hey, you ever talk to Charley boy since he decided to waste all his money to read a few books?" to ranting about masks and democrats rigging the election and anti-science BS.

Only lived in the tourist trap for a few months in the winter. I was treated like shyt for the most part. Don't have prior experience to compare to, but I have a feeling they're weary from dealing with bike week, snowbirds, entitled skiers that think a $100 lift ticket is worth a bunch of bland trails on a 1,300ft vertical drop mtn but the lift to the summit is never open and the one good trail they have is never open, and leaf peepers. No breaks.

Slummy scummy place has been the same as far as I remember from when I was there as a young'un. Just more people dying from tranq and everyone but the users making a fuss out of it.

Wasn't here at all prior to the apocalypse, but people are generally arseholes until you get to know them, then they're nice, but then they get to know you and they turn into arse holes again.

I like repeating them just to see if it really is likely cause and effect.
MuddyBoots is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote