View Single Post
Brown Owl 2

Member Since Sep 2020
9 hugs
given
Default Jun 14, 2024 at 02:36 AM

I tried so hard with this therapist,. I had doubts from the start. I didn’t like the fact that she didn’t take down my personal details such as address and doctor. She didn’t do an intake as such in terms of asking me about myself, the therapy just sort of started, I thought it was ok to just let things emerge, but then she talked so much and I found her way of working triggering, and she was quite challenging (but without really knowing me). When we discussed it she adapted, which was good. She said she didn’t remember much from session to session, this made it hard to bring things up. I’d ask her what she meant be something she said the previous week that had affected me, but she didn’t remember saying it. She talked about other clients in the session (only general things), but it didn’t feel helpful to me. There were some good bits, and I felt good for the first three sessions. I hadn’t realised how sad I’d feel if I quit. I’ve quit because I’d started to feel stressed after sessions. Despite what I’ve written above, I’m also questioning myself and the person I am. I also feel a sense of loss. I liked her so much, despite everything I’ve written, and I wanted to be able to talk to her.

Last edited by Brown Owl 2; Jun 14, 2024 at 03:39 AM..
Brown Owl 2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
LonesomeTonight, TheGal