Blue_Bird
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Jun 2013
14.4k hugs
given
Default Jun 14, 2024 at 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desoxyn View Post
I think your bf is just trying to help in his own way BB - To understand each other is important, cuz you both have different views - He was in the army so he's seen the world, how since mental illness is caused by all of that destruction - That love is the cure, not the fear.. Of all types of war, etc.

But you get mania - And that's important.. You definitely need meds for that - Even with hypomania - It's just not sustainable to be that way cuz we have to be rational with our thoughts and mood in order to survive.. No hedonic pleasure seeking and recklessness etc - But it will happen anyways for people - It's a mess out there... You could learn to manage it but it usually always leads to suicidal thoughts - And psychedelics would definitely bring up trauma and lead to more suicidal thoughts (Since psychedelic psychotherapy in a safe and controlled setting should be the only situation where you'd do that - And those centres will pop up eventually).

Stick to the meds, laugh with him about it - He's an insane person. You're both insane in fact, like all peoples.

I am the only one that is not insane o.-
Yeah you’re right, I think he just has a different viewpoint than me but I don’t think it is something will wreck things. It’s not like he tells me to stop my meds or anything he’s supportive either way.

R.I.P mom 8/6/55-1/15/16

“All the darkness in the world cannot extinguish the light of a single candle.” -St. Francis of Assisi
Blue_Bird is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote