View Single Post
Cantholdmyrage

Member Since Apr 2024
47 hugs
given
Default Jun 14, 2024 at 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embracingtruth View Post
I think it really depends on who you select to speak to about such matters. If its a family member , they might feel more engaged to throw in their two cents because they feel they have that allowance and familiarity. If its someone more removed like a friend or associate, well... they may interpret your venting as asking for direction because they don't know you well enough to understand you're just venting. I think its always incumbent on the person speaking to make their intentions known because allot of people are searching for advice , so you need to be sure that distinction is made. If you encounter someone who has that kind of personality that chooses to impose their direction, then cease speaking to them about such topics or cease their direction early to avoid conflict by saying, "I'm on top of this. Lets move on to another topic." Just shut it down. It can be said pleasantly but pointedly.
In case if you don’t know already, I DO let people know that I’m only venting. However I’ve talked to several people who constantly need to throw out unsolicited advice despite the fact I told them that’s not what I want.

Speaking of which, I went no contact with a guy who won’t take a hint at that. He just kept making it all sound like it’s my fault. Despite the fact I kept explaining to him, he keeps going “what do you mean by that?” as if he’s dumber than a rock. When he finally understands what I’m saying, he won’t accept my perspective and kept telling me that simply cannot happen.

Another instance is when a woman felt the need to tell me to stop acting like the victim and get off my lazy *** and do something about it. I called her out for this, since I was discussing on depression and ableism. She told me I needed a good reality check and driveled on how we just want to play victim all the time and make excuses for everything and how we made the choice to feel depressed.

She absolutely pissed me off. I tried reporting her but no one did anything about it. Mind you, she was stalking me all over the site, which I’m not going to name. She was particularly the reason I got kicked out.
Cantholdmyrage is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote