View Single Post
Brown Owl 2

Member Since Sep 2020
11 hugs
given
Default Jun 14, 2024 at 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGal View Post
It's completely normal to mourn the loss of a relationship.

But keep in mind that you are mourning what you'd wished it had been and not the reality.

You've done the right thing by ending the relationship, no need to question yourself.

You are an intelligent, sentient person, so it's normal to question things or have doubts... you are seeing the shades of gray and not painting the picture bllack and white which is good.

Find pride in yourself for respecting your boundaries and limits... you deserve a therapist who is more engaged with your story and remembers it from one week to the next.

Only about 20% of therapists are excellent, 20% are terrible and the other 60% is somewhere in between.

Keep trying different therapists till you find one that is excellent and really fits with you.

No need to reproach yourself for shopping around.

Therapy is an investment and you deserve the best!

Thanks, your words were very helpful for me. You’re so right that I’m mourning the loss of what I wanted it to be. I felt good after the first 2-3 sessions, but haven’t felt good since then. In terms of the memory, I had thought that I could accept that, but it seems extraordinary to me that she doesn’t write notes after the session to side her memory. I think that in most professions where people work with ‘clients’, people keep copious notes from one session to the next. My previous therapist, who I stopped seeing 3 years ago, also had a terrible memory, and didn’t seem to keep notes. I was wondering if it was just normal/ common for a therapist. It had crossed my mind to ask her to have a notepad in the session and to prompt her to note down something that was important to me.
Brown Owl 2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
TheGal

Thanks for this!
TheGal