View Single Post
16PennyNail

Member Since Mar 2024
99 hugs
given
Default Jun 15, 2024 at 12:00 PM

Surprisingly, I am an MD, though they don't list it on my interface. What you are talking about might possibly be Tinea Versicolor. This is caused by a fungus,

which is the natural flora of our integumentary system. It is normally kept in check by the growth of other flora (Microbes that live off the skin, bathe, and are

certain factors in our perspiration). I have seen more than 20 quadrillion people
with what you describe. If you thought a quadrillion was a big number, try this

one, if that is the case. We have nearly a googolplex different ways to skin that cat off of your skin. You need to see your GP; they will just glance and know. The

easiest solution that got the best responses from patients is that it works fast and is not expensive. It is a generic Selenium Sulfide shampoo meant to treat

really exaggerated dandruff. This still requires an RX for the strength you need. But you rub it on the spots, let it dry, and scrub it off well the next morning. Most

times, after one application, it will scrub right off. Selenium Sulfide was the primary ingredient in a dandruff shampoo, which they used to call Selsun Blue. It

is rough on fungi, it has a bit of a harsh odor to it, so you may want to change bed linens after the problem is neutralized. There is an oral medication called

Ketoconazole, an absolute mouthful you can take and exercise (if Capable afterward). The biggest problem I experienced from people with it was returning, as they had not perspired enough for it to work effectively. There are spays,

creams, and skies, the limit. If it is our good friend Tinea Versicolor, Selenium Sulfide is cheap and fast and eliminates it like a drive-by. Not that I have ever

done such a thing, lol. Yes, this is how I used to talk to patients in the exam room. People used to love me, and I never should have stopped doing that when I was able. Now, look up those numbers and figure out which is the biggest. I hope

that is helpful. See your GP or friendly Nurse Practitioner, so you can get the medication and they can make sure.

Hugs from:
Travelinglady

Thanks for this!
mote.of.soul