Monster on the Hill

Member Since Sep 2020
5,873 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 15, 2024 at 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoria'smom View Post
So we dropped Victoria's friends off at the airport and our car started smoking. We nursed it home just for it to get towed an hour later. We can't do this. If we can fix it enough to get it back to my parents I will. We just can't keep a car. My parents blame the area we live in that it's bleeding us dry but I think anywhere would bleed us dry. 950 isn't a lot to live off of. It would have been worse in Florida because we wouldn't have medical on top of everything else at least there's a decent bus system and Victoria can use the bathroom. It just sucks. I wish my family would understand poverty.

That Victoria to educated to get hired at a minimum wage job but no job experience to qualify for a higher paying job. Vocational rehab hasn't gotten back to her or answered their phone. She's hoping for a summer job but it's late. She wants to move out with her friends but she has to make 3x her portion of rent.

It just sucks but I'm not depressed because I'm not crying.
Yeah, as far as places to be broke and unable to work, MA is probably one of the better states despite being ridiculously expensive. It's expensive because they provide resources better than most other places.

How are you approaching these sorta conversations with your family? Does it seem like they just don't understand or don't WANT to understand or are judgmental? I know I have a lot of struggles people just don't understand, but there is a difference between not being able to imagine it and putting someone down for it.

PS, you don't have to cry to be depressed. Hell, a lot of people in a depression don't cry because there is just nothing going on emotionally. I cry all the time when I'm more "BPDing or PTSDing" upset, but if I'm bipolar depressed and not triggered in other ways, I have to try to get myself to cry usually with the song "For Billy" by Highly Suspect

Hugs from:
BeyondtheRainbow, Blue_Bird, LadyShadow, raspberrytorte