View Single Post
cool09
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Feb 2012
22 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 16, 2024 at 01:27 AM

Customer Service with Businesses has gotten much worse. They have no patience or respect for the person on the other line. And who wants to speak to a recorded message when you call the pharmacy, credit card company or any large retail business?
People don't really care about others. The bottom line is people care about themselves.
I've spoken to Crisis 6 times over the last 3 months and NONE of them listened to what I had to say and what I've gone thru and what I've tried the last 45 yrs! 2 of them hung up on me! And the 2 that hung up on me were referred by the Govn't Crisis Hotline!
Crisis told me to stop talking and listen. 2 of them told me I have to give medicine a chance and experiment with different doses and I told them THAT'S EXACTLY what I've been doing the last 35 years after taking 40-50 psych meds, 5 ECT trials (37 treatments total) and 99.9% of it didn't help! Then they told me I needed coping skills. I told them coping skills only work if you enjoy doing things. I've had anhedonia really bad the last 15 years and lost interest in just about everything I can think of and don't enjoy doing anything! Hospital nurses and techs love to talk about coping skills. They can't connect the dots. When you're plagued with a severe mood disorder for yrs and yrs and it effects your energy, pleasure and motivation you can hardly do anything for yourself anymore!

Hugs from:
nonightowl

Thanks for this!
nonightowl