View Single Post
16PennyNail

Member Since Mar 2024
99 hugs
given
Default Jun 16, 2024 at 09:04 AM

I have boxes of Zofran, a.k.a. Ondansetron, all over the place. It does tend to make some people anxious. It is in a class of drugs called antiemetics, and it is not all that chemically dissimilar to antihistamines. It, as well as antidepressants, were actually discovered as drug manufacturers were researching new antihistamines. Zofran, of course, for nausea, motion sickness, and all that

kind of thing. Take Benadryl, for instance, which many people do. It can make most people sleepy, yet some take it and feel like they can vibrate through the wall. It is this reaction in some to what particular drug it is. So, yes, Zofran can make you anxious. At this moment, if he were still around to read this, Dr. Fruar would be most proud, an excellent pharmacology teacher. The

effects of the drug, even in older folks, unless there is some liver dysfunction, for more than around 20 hours. I would have to ask if you are prone to panic, as that feeling of one's throat closing up can be associated with that. I would report this to my physician; they may put you on something else, such as Phenergan or the like.

Hugs from:
Mountaindewed

Thanks for this!
Mountaindewed