Desert Kitty hates titles

Member Since Jul 2008
7,607 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Angry Jun 16, 2024 at 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by will19 View Post
snip: Someone, this afternoon I spoke to, reminded me that I don't do much with my life - like trying new things. It made me feel bad talking about it. I don't know why people have to be insensitive. When having depression, I don't feel like trying new things. Besides, I have tried new things and it all didn't work out.
I have to be careful with movement now, as it’s easier to tweak something now.

And I’ve had people tell me what I should do or judge me without knowing me at all and the kinds of experiences I’ve had. Many years ago when I was volunteering at the library, another volunteer who was much older actually said to me “You are a young woman. Why are you doing all this volunteering? You should be working.” Note the word “should” which has negative connotations. I was literally too shocked and speechless to respond. I mean that someone would say that to someone else, if they know them or not.

I was doing it to feel productive and a part of something since I couldn’t find work. But that’s not her business. I’m such a different person now that if that happens now, I wouldn’t mince words believe me. Been through some real bs , to h e l l and back and still find hellish situations. Anyway I’d ask how is this your business. Efffing people. And like you I’ve tried things and they didn’t pan out the way I hoped. Right now I’m out of gas and just surviving. I need structure and familiarity since I’ve had so much turmoil in my life.

———
Sent from my iPhone

Hmmm....looks like some good tips in here.

"Okay, enough photos. I'm a very BUSY Business Kitty, so make an appointment next time."
nonightowl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
3rd rock, Discombobulated, JaneOnceMore, T4bbyCat, will19

Thanks for this!
will19