nonightowl
Desert Kitty hates titles

Member Since Jul 2008
7,148 hugs
given
Angry Jun 17, 2024 at 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by will19 View Post
snip: I always try to be positive and optimistic but it never seems to work. Oh well!
This is something I feel is grossly overrated in American culture. Personally I think it’s contributed to the malaise in this country since we are always under pressure to be positive. Even if we have a mass shooting which is common, people say it could have been worse….Well it could have been better, meaning no shooting at all!

I read a couple of books about relentless positivity and found it’s more “real” to accept and validate my feelings. And that feelings aren’t positive or negative, good or bad. They just are what they are. It takes more energy to try to be “positive” than it does to just feel and accept the “negative” feeling.

Note that I’m not telling you how to feel! It’s just about me and how I try to survive. And it doesn’t help that every holiday we have begins with “happy”, implying one is supposed to be cheerful. And here comes Happy Fourth of July.

———
Sent from my iPhone

Hmmm....looks like some good tips in here.

"Okay, enough photos. I'm a very BUSY Business Kitty, so make an appointment next time."
nonightowl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
3rd rock, T4bbyCat, will19

Thanks for this!
Discombobulated, will19