View Single Post
cool09
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Feb 2012
22 hugs
given
Default Jun 17, 2024 at 01:59 PM

Quote:
Sorry to hear your story, sounds like you’ve encountered many unhelpful therapists who couldn’t give you what you needed.
10 yrs ago I just figured out that I dissociated in my teens/20s/30s after doing some research and NO professional the last 10 yrs has wanted to talk about it or personality disorders or asbergers. (I had no idea what was happening to me between 13-45 yrs old.) I had all 4 stages of dissociation mainly being not being able to identify with myself. And I don't believe anybody knows anything about it. I told a Johns Hopkins resident (who I thought I had a connection with) in 2018 all about it and she didn't want to discuss it one bit.

And I saw the top Dr (with tons of education) at Johns Hopkins 3 yrs ago and told him that my dissociation and mood disorder in my teens damaged my personality because it took everything away from me that I had and told him I haven't felt the same ever since. He said "Damaged your personality???" and was totally dumbfounded and didn't say a word!
No one can help me anymore and I have no options left.