cool09
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Feb 2012
22 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 17, 2024 at 02:26 PM

Quote:
The psychiatrist told my insurance provider that he spent 30 minutes each day with me. That was nowhere's near true.
I was inpatient in 1994 (one of my 28 hospitalizations since 1990) and I saw the Dr for only 5 minutes and I guess I told him about my severe mood/anxiety disorders and racing thoughts and all he said was "We have to dial all that down a little".
I got a bill from him mths later for $245 for 5 minutes! I couldn't believe it and called the billing office about it and they said "Oh, he passed away".
And I tried virtual sessions with an experienced psychiatrist in 1997 and it was a disaster and felt it was nothing but a scam. I paid $215 cash every session. She didn't know what to do because all of my multiple symptoms and diagnoses and she said "I don't want to throw a bunch of pills at you right now but I want you to get a NeuroPych test". And she knew I was in distress the first visit because I broke down (and she told the staff who could have cared less). I told her I heard of thyroid augmentation in the hospital for mood disorders and asked if she would do it and she quickly researched it during one of my sessions and said she didn't want to do it and then she haphazardly put me on pristiq and after 4 wks I felt so horrible I had to be hospitalized at Johns Hopkins. I got nowhere with her after 3 mths so I will never try virtual visits ever again!
I took the NeuroPsych test a yr later and it was an awful experience! The psychologist gave it to me over the computer and she didn't show an ounce of emotion after I told her what I've been thru since I was 13 and all the symptoms (mood/anxiety disorder, agitation, severe dissociation in teens/20s/30s) and all diagnoses I've had. I got her 5-page summary of the test and all she did was point out my problems and she didn't analyze what was causing my problems at all. She said that I "ruin my attempts at getting better due to negative thinking and self-doubt and I had to rely on people and didn't want to be independent and that therapy didn't work because of lack or pleasure and motivation" (and she said I had avoidant and schizoid personality disorders). Well, yeah! When you have a severe mood disorder most of your life you develop anhedonia and poor energy and can't do or enjoy anything anymore! She went on to say "I needed to confront my anxiety with my therapist and in social situations and that I would most likely fail at doing this". The report served NO purpose at all for me or for any professional involved with me so I will never get another one done and I will never go back to this place that gave it to me!

Hugs from:
nonightowl, Rose76