View Single Post
Ninetiesgrl13

Member Since Jun 2024
25 hugs
given
Default Jun 17, 2024 at 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embracingtruth View Post
Its very easy for people to fall in love with the idea of someone. But in truth, human beings are constantly evolving individuals which means they often change. If they are not growing with you, then that picture you cling to is no longer valid. It might also be good to know if the two of you have individual identities away from just yourselves. Usually a healthy couple is one where both parties have individual pursuits but always share the core volume of time to together where it matters most. Do you have things you aspire to do outside of your partner?
We were never that sort of healthy couple. We thought we were for years but in hindsight I believe we were suffocating each other with love and codependency. We definitely have changed in the marriage. Right now I am trying to find peace and heal and decide on what I want to do with my life as an individual. I really hope that he does the same for himself. He’s always at home though, he’s just an introverted homebody of sorts. I can’t exactly force him to have individual pursuits.

~Robert Frost~
Ninetiesgrl13 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote