View Single Post
16PennyNail

Member Since Mar 2024
99 hugs
given
Default Jun 18, 2024 at 08:01 AM

It's been hot here, and yesterday, it was like 90 F outside with a temperature a little greater than 32 C. A friend of mine came in after I had a medical visit. I was showing him the new Dune Part 2 movie I purchased from Fandango. It seemed really hot in the house. I thought it could be me, but I asked my friend. He said it

was hot inside, so he went out to check the two condensing units on the air conditioning systems in this house. He said one at the top of the fan was not nearly warm enough. I can still get around some if I don't fall down. We checked the filters, and they were good. He was going to dive all the way to Sevierville to

get a set of gauges to check the pressures of that system. I told him before driving all that way. We needed to quickly look in the basement and ensure nothing was awry there. It is a two-story house with a full basement, so he helped me down the stairs. I inspected the ductwork and one of the two

cold/hot air returns for that unit is made from that flexible piping. It had a dip in it, which had pulled the insulation down a small way. That area of return was full of water due to condensation. He got some buckets, took that one loose, and we drained it. The temperature out of the out of grills on the floor upstairs dropped

some 17 degrees. It quickly cooled the house, but I get aggravated at such things. I was in a better position than most. I am handy with stuff, so he is bringing some hard pipe this morning, and we will replace that. I just hate

getting aggravated like that. It's not good for my already bad nerves. He told me to look at it this way: I didn't have to wait for an HVAC representative to repair it. The title is true. Seems as if there is always something.

Hugs from:
Embracingtruth, unaluna

Thanks for this!
unaluna