Thread: rejection
View Single Post
Embracingtruth

Member Since Oct 2022
17 hugs
given
Default Jun 18, 2024 at 08:42 AM

Rejection is such a difficult term these days and often a ugly one because people with low self-esteem love to weaponize it. If there's one thing I've learned in life, it's that no where is your identity stronger than what you build inside for yourself. If you have to depend on others to define your own personal value, you're setting yourself up to be really hurt and disillusioned. Of course everyone wants to be loved. But at what cost? I love setting personal goals for myself and do my best to communicate in a healthy way to everyone I encounter. I think respect is earned, so I always offer it to all that I meet. I love listening to what people have to say, but I'm not an open book because my standards are established. I'm centered for myself but believe everyone should have a voice for themselves. Whether I personally agree or not is not an issue to others speaking. They should have that ability to express themselves. Where I draw the line is anyone telling me I have to agree with them. That is a power grab and oppressive thinking which I will never support, regardless of the subject matter. Life (and everything that happens to you) is what YOU make of it. Accepting "yes" from someone can be your biggest mistake, as much as being inspired by someone who says "no" becomes your greatest accomplishment.
Embracingtruth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Calla lily12, Fuzzybear