View Single Post
MuddyBoots
Monster on the Hill

Member Since Sep 2020
6,069 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 18, 2024 at 08:57 AM

I couldn't find any recent info on water break laws in NH. Just says water needs to be accessible, but it doesn't say anything about a "water break." I worked outside in 2020 and a few days it was 100+dF, and of course at the time we had to wear masks even though we were fkkking outside, and they had the park EMS in their carts with watered down Gatorade, but I don't remember any breaks. The group leader did rotate our positions though because two were in this crowded shack sorta thing (and hot af), one was outside the shack doing line control in direct sunlight, and the last and best was in a shaded tower 40ft off the ground alone with a bit of a breeze (but in there park EMS wouldn't go up the ladder to hydrate you).

Some places I've encountered along my travels for cooling areas are, as pointed out before, libraries, malls, soup kitchens, rec centers, senior centers, fire departments, YMCAs, and of course I used to live in the lakes region and the main lake is like 66dF right now. A lot of cities also have pools, but I've always found if I go there on days like today they are as crowded as raves I've been to but you're trying not to drown, the water is quite warm, sun burn is practically a guarantee if you don't remember to reapply every two hours or after you get out the water (who tf remembers that other than moms and that only applies to their youngin), and also you're probably in ~40% piss. But that's some people's thing I guess.

One of the neighbors just got a fancy new AC with 10,000btu had mercy on us and gave us their old one. Thank Satan's contender.