View Single Post
16PennyNail

Member Since Mar 2024
99 hugs
given
Default Jun 18, 2024 at 09:09 AM

It is a vexing question why some of us have to suffer so much. My close friend, whom I speak with every night on the phone, visits me once a week. He is a Baptist Minister, and I am a Methodist. I joke with him and tell him that on his part, over the difference, nobody's perfect. We sometimes have deep discussions over issues, and he is just as disillusioned as I am. I told him it was possible; life

here was set up for practice for those who go to a place that is not so good. He was at a loss for words to debate that one. I picked up being a Methodist as I used to teach at a Wesleyan college sometimes in the summer. They are run by the Methodist church. He and I are both moderates and don't try to set about telling everyone else how they should believe. I know I am not, and he is not

judgmental. I have had my share of things; we are good friends as we have known each other since middle school, and he, too, has had many problems. Taking with him every night and seeing him darken my door are the few things I look forward to now. I am not trying to discuss religious beliefs outside of the

threads designated for them. It is just stuff biographical about me. For all of that I have been through, I am still here, able to type this to you. As to why it is so? I don't know.