View Single Post
cool09
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Feb 2012
22 hugs
given
Default Jun 18, 2024 at 12:47 PM

The laws in MD regarding mental health and your safety are not fair at all. With even the slightest mention of considering death they will send you to the ER via the police in handcuffs and it's not fair. The State doesn't understand mental illness and it's my life and I can do what I please with my life. They don't understand the struggles I go thru every day.

I saw a terrible therapist several yrs ago and she didn't try to help me at all. Her first words were "I'm going to say things you're not going to like" (That's a great way to start off a therapeutic relationship.). And she would say odd things to me like "I see that you're mimicking my gestures". One day I told her I thought about death a lot (because sometimes that's what inspires me to try harder) and she called the police and sent me to the ER and I didn't tell the ER Dr. that I was suicidal because I didn't feel suicidal. Therapist emailed me and asked what happened and I told her I didn't say anything about suicide in the ER. Then a few hrs later I got an email from her supervisor which said "After consideration of your files we've decided to terminate your therapy". I will never go back to that place again.

Hugs from:
nonightowl