Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Oct 2004
14.8k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 19, 2024 at 04:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool09 View Post
I worked for USAF in NM 1998-2002 and frequently made 87 mile trip to El Paso. One late night coming back from El Paso I stopped on the hwy (to take care of some business) and looked up at the sky and was totally blown away! The NM sky at night was one of the most spectacular things I've ever seen! There were trillions and trillions of stars in the sky! Every inch of the sky contained hundreds and hundreds of stars and I couldn't believe it! I've always been interested in Astronomy and took a class in college and they always said you had to get away from the city and lights to really see the stars.
I live in a rural area & no lights around. I love outside at night & seeing all the millions/billions of stars. A few years ago when that comet went by I had my horse at the neighbors barn up on the hill. I could sit up in the dark & actually faintly see the actual comet tail without binoculars or telescope. The astroids/shooting stars are so clear you almost think you should be able to hear them land in the field (but they are farther away than they look.

It is truly amazing to really see the night sky

Leo's favorite place was in the passenger seat of my truck. We went everywhere together like this.
Leo my soulmate will live in my heart FOREVER Nov 1, 2002 - Dec 16, 2018
eskielover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
unaluna