Thread: Meeting Tonight
View Single Post
Ninetiesgrl13

Member Since Jun 2024
25 hugs
given
Default Jun 19, 2024 at 05:47 AM

@splitimage Thank you for your kind words. I was nervous about feeling pressured to talk at the meeting. And just going in general(social anxiety). It was a lovely small group though and it went well! I’ll be back next week.

@Rose76 I did get to talk to someone one on one after the meeting and I was humbled by their openness. It’s amazing how a fellowship can heal people and make them even laugh together. I’m not sure what the future will bring for my husband. I almost including myself in that last sentence..but I know now that I can control my life and do things that are in my best interest. My guy’s problem is also a lifetime of depression, which his mom has also. I’ve struggled with depression also, and my mom has had BP. I definitely can relate to his mental issues. He’s been learning a lot lately about his distorted mindset. It’s amazing how reasonable and open minded he has been lately. I think that me living my life a bit detached from him has had an effect on him. I hope he can truly recover, not for me, but for himself. Thank you for your words. I am sorry about your brother.

~Robert Frost~
Ninetiesgrl13 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Rose76

Thanks for this!
Rose76