View Single Post
Manarinorange

Member Since Jun 2024
8 hugs
given
Default Jun 20, 2024 at 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquarePegGuy View Post
@Manarinorange, do you think this is part of the agoraphobia?

I had this issue the first time I drove myself to a new school. It provoked a lot of anxiety in me. I was nauseous and skipped breakfast, plus I had dry heaves before getting into the car. This was over 40 years ago.

Today, I would use something like Google Maps "Street View" to get familiar with the area I'd be traveling to. And if I had to be there at a specific time (like for a job interview), I'd probably make a "practice trip" a few days before to rehearse the trip without the pressure of getting there at a certain time. And, I'd allow for plenty of time for the real trip so I do not have the anxiety compounded by the fear of getting there late.
It might be the agoraphobia. The problem with using Google maps or GPS is that it will tell me to get on the freeway, and I can't do that. They make me too anxious. Doing trips a couple of times beforehand is a good idea too. But it's is a long way and uses a lot of gas. I was just hoping for some things to say to myself or I might take a cotton ball with lavender essential oil on it.
Manarinorange is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
ArmorPlate108