View Single Post
3rd rock
Veteran Member

Member Since May 2019
6,010 hugs
given
Default Jun 20, 2024 at 04:41 PM

I booked an intake date for residential treatment today. They told me on the phone they do allow cell phone possession, but not other electronics like tablets. I bought my tablet specifically so I could continue to write during spare time while undergoing treatment, but now I won't be able to do that. It is possible to write on my phone, using the Microsoft Word app for Android, but it's less efficient due to the much smaller screen. Still, I suppose I'll have to make do. My objective is to get a minimum of 60,000 words towards the first draft by the time I enter treatment, and then complete the remaining ~16,000 words while undergoing treatment. I should be able to do this. Then I'll start on rewrites after getting out of treatment.

I'm feeling very apprehensive about treatment. They said you have to give samples for drug tests on arrival. That's nothing really to worry about, however I did test positive for fentanyl once in a recent test even though I have never used fentanyl in my life. The nurse who administered the test said it was a false positive, and that those can occur from time to time. I'm also feeling very depressed right now, and I'm trying to focus on my writing so as to keep my thoughts occupied. As long as I can do that, I can keep the worst and most dangerous thoughts keep at bay.
3rd rock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Discombobulated, nonightowl, T4bbyCat, will19