View Single Post
Ninetiesgrl13

Member Since Jun 2024
25 hugs
given
Default Jun 20, 2024 at 08:43 PM

So my husband admits to me yesterday that he had a bit to drink the night before. I had suspected something was going on. And he drank behind closed doors while I was home. This is after 2 unsuccessful detox stays, getting in trouble at work, us separating, (yet living together), and I started going to meetings to help myself cope. I’ve been feeling a lot more at peace lately distancing from him, and trying to adopt the mindset that I can be happy despite my situation. But when he admitted to me that he drank, I just said ok. And went into another room and really fell apart emotionally. I couldn’t predict that I would do that. I couldn’t help it though. I was like my bathroom shower - it leaks for a while after it’s turned off. I just couldn’t stop crying. I wish that I hadn’t let his honesty ruin my night. I’ll probably tell him that I appreciate his honesty. Did I handle that horribly? For the life of me I just couldn’t go eat dinner in the same room with him after that. But I didn’t yell or anything at least.

I know people will say again that I need to leave..and that’s fine. I just wanted to vent after this emotional setback I had. I’m emotionally drained and feeling pretty low right now. I’ll try to stay busy this weekend Maybe I’ll go see a movie by myself. I haven’t done that in a long time.

~Robert Frost~
Ninetiesgrl13 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Bill3, mote.of.soul, SquarePegGuy