Thread: Work Friend
View Single Post
NatalieJastrow
Veteran Member

Member Since Aug 2020
277 hugs
given
Default Jun 21, 2024 at 11:37 AM

I do not look forward to having the same conversation with my work friend. But, she just applied for an in house role. She didn't get an interview. She goes round and round in circles talking about how hard she works and how much she does...(which she does) but... she can't remember that in her career - the following has occurred:

(1) She was written up and punished with unpaid time off for allegedly ( that I believe is true) being insubordinate with a manager (she said F** you) under her breath.

(2) A few years ago she was demoted for, among other things, being insubordinate. But also not doing her work before going on vacation.

(3) Recently she got called in for an allegation from another employee that she was drunk at work... (which was not true). But I believe that she likely was hung over and said some inappropriate things that could lead others to think she was drunk.

All of the other applicants... did not have these things. Now I admit, she is in the dog house at work and that is why they are not going to consider her for the position.... but she had reason to be. I, and a lot of other people, have good records and still won't be considered for jobs.

We also have the conversation about why, no matter what she does, her review always comes back at "meets expectations". Never exceeds. And she should know, it will NEVER come back at exceeds. Her record doesn't warrant that... ever. She continues to argue it... argue that she did this or did that but in the end.... her grade is based on her being in the dog house. She knows that one more problem in the workplace will likely lead to her termination and yet, at the same time think they will consider her for a promotion?

I have told her to get therapy but... alas...

I can't tell her this... she won't take it well and she is my "helper" at work so I need her help. I just can't understand how she can't see this.
NatalieJastrow is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
unaluna