View Single Post
16PennyNail

Member Since Mar 2024
99 hugs
given
Default Jun 21, 2024 at 12:52 PM

The only person who can stop his drinking is him, so that is an appropriate response. The Institute of Drug Abuse will tell you that somewhere between 40% - and 60% of addicts and alcoholics will relapse after visiting a center for medical detox if they lose their temper and argue about it; some use that as justification to do it. If you leave someone, they will use that as justification for doing it. You stay with them, and they will find something about you to justify doing it. When a low-pressure system moves in or it is too sunny and hot, those are also justifications. That cycle will always continue until he decides to fight it actively. Both of my Grandfathers drank, and so did my dad, so I have seen it. Over a decade ago, I used to donate time to a place in the largest

city near here called The Red Barn, which was a detox facility for low-income people who had fallen through the healthcare system's cracks. I saw so many temporarily do better and then crash; those few beat it and did not, which is why I did that. Your reaction was sensible. I hate it is causing you emotional distress. We don't want to see those we love and care for suffer. I hope he has his moment of clarity at some point and realizes only he can pull himself out of that.

Hugs from:
Embracingtruth, Ninetiesgrl13

Thanks for this!
ArmorPlate108, mote.of.soul, Ninetiesgrl13