Poohbah

Member Since Feb 2019
1,281 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 21, 2024 at 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonesomeTonight View Post
In today's session, I read out loud a thank-you note I'd written to Dr. T's office space (he's moving in a week). He seemed touched by it (and laughed in the spot where I tried to be funny). I have two more potential sessions in the current office, and I know he's concerned I'll be upset by them (as more things will be gone, but probably more for the second session). But I feel that I want to be there.

He's open to being very flexible with me, switching to virtual or even canceling entirely at the last minute (well, not sure how last-minute he'd be OK with cancellation), which I appreciate. We've tied the office move into various things in my current and past life, plus anxiety (including lack of control), and I feel it's been helpful discussion overall. I also don't want to just hide from something (virtual or canceling) because it could be painful. That's like what my mom would have me do.

Thinking I at least want to attend the Sunday session in person (it's weird scheduling, as he's overseeing a suitemate move Wednesday and moving himself and the rest of the office space Friday). Probably Tuesday in person, and Thursday has to be virtual. It's so hard to know what will be the right choice. I suppose there is no right choice.
It will probably be good to just take it one session at a time. Like if you already made the decision to have the Sunday session in person..you don’t have to decide about the Tuesday session until after you see where the Sunday session leads. You never know. You might get what you need out of the in person session on Sunday. You can balance it. Like probably the virtual session in between the old office and new office would be good. Instead of doing in person, in person, in person then boom! In person the next time at the new office. I don’t know if what I’m typing makes sense. It makes sense in my head but I don’t know if it translated like that on here.

Thanks for this!
LonesomeTonight