Thread: Am I crazy?
View Single Post
Ninetiesgrl13

Member Since Jun 2024
25 hugs
given
Default Jun 21, 2024 at 08:15 PM

So today I decided to make an account on Meetup. I also found a group with a fun event not very far from me, and I signed up for it. Has anyone had any experience with Meetup? Is it really ok for just meeting friends? There’s over a dozen people attending this public event, and over half of them are ladies, so I think the husband shouldn’t be mad if I tell him that. But I don’t even know how to begin to tell him any of this. I have no intention to cheat on him by doing this, but also he’s an addict causing me emotional pain and I just want to actually live a life that makes me feel good about myself. Besides, I literally met him through Twitter through local friends with a common interest, and met him at a bar..so why should this be any more intimidating for me?

I don’t know what I would have to offer a social group in terms of socializing…Call it my poor self esteem I suppose. I can do ok talking about other things but when it comes to my life I don’t feel like there’s anything interesting to say. And the people attending all have some Meetup experience so I would surely be the newbie. Anyway I have a few days to either psych myself up to go to this event alone or cancel and sulk at home.

~Robert Frost~
Ninetiesgrl13 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
LadyShadow