View Single Post
MuddyBoots
Monster on the Hill

Member Since Sep 2020
5,294 hugs
given
Default Jun 22, 2024 at 10:10 AM

Time is pretty much just a way to measure motion. There really is no "pause" as the universe is in continuous motion, but there are very precise moments in time. Say you're moving a point down a line in one direction continuously. The point doesn't stop, but at all time that point is in one spot, but it is only at that exact location at one infinitely small measurement of time/one moment.

I don't know how much you know about limits, but basically the time between spots, the size of the spot, and the distance between spots all approach zero, but never reach it. There is no integer to represent this quantity (it'd be 0.000000...(infinite 0's)....1).

If motion did actually reach zero, time would reach zero, and that would be a pause.

We could get into motion relative to the speed of light, but that's probably a moot point because anything with mass can't get that far. The closer to the speed of light you go, the slower time is. But time does move slower around a black hole because of the tremendously increased gravity causing significant increases in acceleration (closer to the speed of light).

Of course this is all going based off of what we know going more with the science route than the God exists and He can do whatever the hell He wants and is tricking us into solving into a task He made impossible. To each their own, I guess.

I like repeating them just to see if it really is likely cause and effect.

Last edited by MuddyBoots; Jun 22, 2024 at 10:23 AM..
MuddyBoots is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
lizardlady, unaluna