Poohbah

Member Since Feb 2019
1,280 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 22, 2024 at 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtieTheSequal View Post
In other news, I'm not bored anymore! When H got home from a job he called me and said "come out in the garage, you're the expert on snakes" I was like whaaa? Anyway yeah, sure enough it was a rattlesnake. I called one of the local rattlesnake removal places (there are a bunch, as rattlers are common here in the desert) and the guy was here in like 40 minutes. They humanely relocate so I was glad of that! It was a Mojave rattlesnake, per the snake guy. After he trapped the little guy, he was telling us all kinds of stuff about the snakes. It was really interesting. I was the one standing out there watching it while he was on his way, so I told him, I'm not afraid of snakes per se, we had non-venomous ones as pets when I was a kid, but I DO have a healthy respect for the poisonous ones! This particular kind is highly venomous he said, but not aggressive. It never even rattled until the guy actually picked it up in his snake stick thingie. Which is because we didn't mess with it. We just kept an eye on where it was so he would know when he got here. That was my excitement for the weekend.
That would definitely be enough entertainment for one day.

Thanks for this!
LonesomeTonight, unaluna