View Single Post
cptsdvictim

Member Since Mar 2024
50 hugs
given
Default Jun 23, 2024 at 07:36 AM

Lack of prevention of C-PTSD renders victims and propagation of abuse in a society. I, personally, suffered a double whammy: first, the lack of resilience on the West following World War II where Eastern Europe was abandoned to be subjugated and traumatized by the Soviet Union which traumatized my parents and subsequently passed down the complex trauma to me (systemic side and personal side), secondly, the direct abuse
Possible trigger:
and neglect I experienced at the hands of my parents.

What this does to someone is they become an easy target for abusers. Just like it happened to me with a narcissist I just encountered in a shop. Instead of not giving him supply and waiting it out by gray rocking him, I offered to help. Partly because of my people pleasing tendencies, partly because I wanted to get over with (kind of abusing myself).

Worst part is that I'll never learn to be able to deal with them and learn from past mistakes because I was so retraumatized (and due to my nervous system and brain structure as a sociopath) that I'm unable to benefit from therapy ever again. At whose hands I got retraumatized? Drum roll. Eastern European relational therapist. Non trauma informed. Abuse in cycles. Systemic. She was very "resilient" herself.

Neurotypical people really just do things for themselves, to feel better, in the end. That's the truth. And if you are lucky, you were born in a family in which there wasn't too much abuse so you grew with just a bit of skew that can be addressed in therapy with another neurotypical person.

What societies need to do to become truly resilient is to do prevention of C-PTSD. This means investing in all layers of society (abuse is prevalent in all social strata).
cptsdvictim is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote