View Single Post
The_little_didgee
Grand Magnate

Member Since Apr 2013
Default Jun 23, 2024 at 10:42 AM

Everything I worked for has been undone. I'm very disappointed.

I haven’t been able to find work. My bank account is nearly depleted. I have enough to pay my rent next month. After that I am screwed. Out of desperation I applied for social assistance via the provincial website. Four weeks later they called to offer me an appointment in September. After we talked a bit, the lady told me she would call me back on Friday. She actually called back and offered an appointment in July instead and told me I was in a “prescribed class” so I did not need to do another medical application. All I have to do is pass their financial screening and they will help me. - I feel like I don’t qualify for this assistance. This is situational.

This feels like I just took a few steps backwards. Five years ago I left the program and have been looking after my own needs by working. Last year I lost my job due to layoff. Life has been challenging since then. I lived off of EI for seven months which helped a lot. That ran out so I resort to my savings. I also completed a course with a work placement a few months ago and did not get hired because I am too ‘autistic’ for them. – This rejection really triggered me, because it confirmed yet again that I am socially flawed. I’m trying to get through this. Getting out of bed is easier and don’t feel suicidal as much as I did. The stress has been extreme. I lost about 15 pounds since the end of April.

Grrr

Note: Don’t reply if you have nothing helpful to add. I do not want to hear how terrible I am. I already feel awful. You don’t need to remind me.

Hugs from:
FloatThruThis, unaluna