View Single Post
MuddyBoots
Monster on the Hill

Member Since Sep 2020
5,279 hugs
given
Default Jun 23, 2024 at 11:35 AM

I want to finish my math major (or maybe physics, chem, engineering, or business-marketing. I don't know really.), but it is far from free. I've done the FAFSA estimator and it'd be about $7000/year, and the school I want to go to (well, not want, but the cheapest I can find) will award another $1000 as a STEM scholarship. But a year is about $22000, so even with the financial aid it'd be 14000/yr. Times four years=$56000. And that's assuming I pass all my classes and graduate on time, which means no loss of functioning or hospitalizations from mania/psychosis/depression/addiction. I know if it weren't for the mental health aspect I could totally get the degree as fast as, if not faster than, expected.

I took a bunch of classes at a community college thinking I'd transfer to a four year, but after three semesters of dealing with active addition again, severe psychosis and mania, and $300 books, I gave up on that.

I swear if education were free or at least affordable, people smart enough to do math would, well, do math.

Do I get myself into the debt so I can tell some a-hole employer I can make a graph and slap some functions on it to make it linear so they can publish it and I can get a paycheck I might be able to live off of?

I like repeating them just to see if it really is likely cause and effect.
MuddyBoots is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Nammu, TheGal, unaluna