View Single Post
SquarePegGuy
Veteran Member

Member Since Mar 2020
72 hugs
given
Default Jun 23, 2024 at 03:43 PM

I don't know much about you, but I know that my college debt (for my daughter) is the most I've ever held, even surpassing the home mortgage. So I'm quite against the idea of getting into debt for an education.

If the reason for completing the degree is to get a job, be very sure that it meets the requirements for the position or the employer you're interested in.

If it's just to have a sense of accomplishment, perhaps you can complete something on Coursera or another online learning institution.

Try reaching out to the job placement / counseling center at the community college where you took classes. Since you're a former student, you may be entitled to some guidance. See if there are any programs that you qualifiy for such as...

BTW, while I was evaluating either Mimo or another coding app, I came across an ad for a program that would pay you to go to school for programming and then guarantee you a job after graduation. It sounded like a great opportunity. So maybe there are employers who are so desperate to fill jobs that they'll go to great lengths to get candidates.

Thanks for this!
MuddyBoots, unaluna