View Single Post
BeyondtheRainbow
Wise Elder

Member Since Apr 2015
9,716 hugs
given
Default Jun 23, 2024 at 11:40 PM

I've lived in this general area for 24 years but also grew up around here. The contrast between how things were when I was growing up and now are pronounced. There are flowers that used to bloom in August that now bloom in July because July is as hot as August used to be. Fireflies are endangered; we used to have thousands of them on any given summer night. I was just watching through my window and I can count them now. We have a lot of milkweed, butterfly bushes and butterfly weed planted to attract butterflies, specifically monarchs. We haven't seen a single monarch and only a few of our other regular butterflies. They should be here in large numbers. And it is much, much hotter. The house I grew up in didn't have AC and we had some hot nights but I can't imagine living through the weather we had the last week without AC.

What is a comfortable summer temperature for you? Do your meds make you heat sensitive and affect that number?