Always in This Twilight

Member Since Feb 2015
75.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 24, 2024 at 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey 4 View Post
Dr. T probably hasn’t gotten a request like that yet, so it might be why he answered the way he did. But you have been working together for so long now he shouldn’t have been surprised by your requests especially since you’ve been discussing the move. I wouldn’t be particularly worried if the therapist really doesn’t want you to, even though he said it’s fine if it’s a day he’s not there. I would personally be more worried about walking into a lobby and then people thinking I’m weird for not having a set destination in there at the time. You could of course just be like “Darn! Wrong day I’m supposed to be here if there is a front desk or security guard or something. I don’t know. 🤷🏻*♀️
Thanks, Jersey, those are good points. I also get the sense that other clients aren't particularly bothered by the move (well, some of his clients are virtual only). So I doubt any other client would think to do that--though I could see them driving by the building if they're unfamiliar with the area so they know where to go.

I did confirm that there's no front desk, as that was also something stopping me. I figure if there are random people in the lobby, I could just dig through my purse like I'm looking for something, then head back outside like I left an item in my car. (I mean, I've done that enough times anyway!)