nonightowl
Desert Kitty hates titles

Member Since Jul 2008
7,207 hugs
given
Unhappy Jun 24, 2024 at 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by will19 View Post
This day is not halfway over yet but already there's weirdness. I went out early this morning to have a smog check and then the place couldn't take me because the computer wasn't working. And then I went to another smog place and was told the person doing it passed away recently. It seemed like the last time I went to that second place a couple of years ago, they told me the exact same thing.

Last night I was watching a movie on my laptop (that's what I always do) and just near the end the laptop just shut down by itself suddenly and unexpectedly. I had to start it up again, and thank goodness, it worked. The laptop must have overheated.

I'm feeling depressed because of the hot weather (what that makes me feel depressed) and the weirdness that's been going on. There doesn't seem to be good things going on for me lately. I'm feeling like I'm in The Twilight Zone.

To Nonightowl ---> sorry to hear about that stabbing incident nearby. Something like that would give me creeps. And yes, the slightest bit of change that I didn't want can send me in a whirl. I get anxious at those apartment inspections, too, even though they turn out OK.
Thanks Will, I knew you’d understand. And thanks for giving me a safe place to post. I’ve had trouble getting smogs too because my regular garage sometimes have had their machine going down. Thankfully it was working the week I went, but it was just down the previous week! A few years ago I waited until it was up because I didn’t want to go to a strange place. (That’s change!) I’m glad it wasn’t a test only station I had to go to. My garage isn’t a test only station.

What I really hate is not all states even require it. The cost of both the test and the registration fee go up every year.

This city is out of control. I don’t feel safe at all anywhere now. There was a shooting outside a library I visited before but not in a long time. It shattered the windows and this was during normal hours. So patrons were inside. It was also gang related. They showed that on the news too. I was thinking of not watching the news at all but want to be informed on what things can happen. I just listen to headlines but even that is a bit much now.

I hate the heat too.

About your laptop, my tv suddenly switched to headphone mode even though I didn’t plug in the headphones! Thankfully the sound returned but I had to insert and remove the headphones to make that happen. I hope it’s not my tv. That never happened before.
———
Sent from my iPhone

Hmmm....looks like some good tips in here.

"Okay, enough photos. I'm a very BUSY Business Kitty, so make an appointment next time."
nonightowl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
3rd rock, T4bbyCat, will19

Thanks for this!
will19