View Single Post
16PennyNail

Member Since Mar 2024
99 hugs
given
Default Jun 24, 2024 at 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapcash View Post
I did exposure therapy with myself today since my therapist recommended it to me for my agoraphobia and other anxiety disorders. I listened to a song that played during one of my traumatic events and it caused a lot of bad memories that in turn made my anxiety worse and I had shortness of breath.

I'm nervous about continuing this but also know that it is probably what needs to happen for me to feel better.
I am no expert on the subject, but I had to do it. In January of 2016, they took out my right lung. Subsequently, I had 8 rounds of chemotherapy, Abraxane, and some other drugs. Then, I had 36 gamma therapy exposures, and it took a while to recover from that. Between then and now, my condition slowly improved. I

didn't want to leave the house. I was about as low as a snake's belly, with terrible anxiety. So, Doc E., who was kind enough to come to my home, suggested this approach. It's like from that movie, "What About Bob" ..... Baby-Steps. You go to the driveway, mailbox, and closest neighbor's house. Then, there is the big tamale, the church that sits on the other side of the gating 750 yards away.

It's tough, but it does work. It helped me get moving again for a while. Sorry, you have to deal with it. There does not seem to be much or any other way. Think of it this way, everyone here is with you every step of the way in spirit.