Rose76
Legendary

Member Since Mar 2011
5,441 hugs
given
Default Jun 25, 2024 at 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine1966 View Post
I am sorry you are struggling. Sometimes (or rather often) we all want our families to be something they aren’t and will never be. It’s extremely hard. At some point we have to accept it and find human connection elsewhere. It’s hard to give up the idea of a happy family that will never happen. It’s quite depressing. I understand that

Oh i see about free spirit . When you first bought “no return” ticket I was concerned that it will be problematic and you mentioned that one sister is a “free spirit” and doesn’t like to plan. I was confused now why is she upset with your one way ticket if she is such a spontaneous person. Now I see that a “free spirit” one is the second sister, not the one you originally stayed with.

Are you seeing that psychologist/therapist you liked? I hope you continue with him
I didn't describe either of my sisters as a free spirit. My sister, the "planner," applied the term to me and not in a nice way.

The main outcome of this experience is me facing up to the reality that, as you say, my family connectedness is not what I was hoping for. I have to "find human connection elsewhere."
Rose76 is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote