divine1966
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2014
1,280 hugs
given
Default Jun 25, 2024 at 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose76 View Post
I didn't describe either of my sisters as a free spirit. My sister, the "planner," applied the term to me and not in a nice way.

The main outcome of this experience is me facing up to the reality that, as you say, my family connectedness is not what I was hoping for. I have to "find human connection elsewhere."
I am sorry. Maybe I am reading it wrong.

“One of my sisters is a free spirit who dislikes committing to "plans." She likes to just wake up everyday and spontaneously see what she feels like doing. Her home is tends to be a venue for drama. I could arrive there, saying, "I'm here for a week." Two days later, I might want to get the heck out of there. Or we might be having a grand time. I've had it go both ways. This sister is a widow and has strongly encouraged me to come live with her. My other sister is a planner”

Yeah. It seems that most families are never the way one would hope them to be. I get it. Hope you feel better soon falling into routine. It’s good you did something to lay your brother to rest. So something else was accomplished on the trip.
divine1966 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Rose76