Rose76
Legendary

Member Since Mar 2011
5,443 hugs
given
Default Jun 25, 2024 at 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine1966 View Post
I am sorry. Maybe I am reading it wrong.

“One of my sisters is a free spirit who dislikes committing to "plans." She likes to just wake up everyday and spontaneously see what she feels like doing. Her home is tends to be a venue for drama. I could arrive there, saying, "I'm here for a week." Two days later, I might want to get the heck out of there. Or we might be having a grand time. I've had it go both ways. This sister is a widow and has strongly encouraged me to come live with her. My other sister is a planner”

Yeah. It seems that most families are never the way one would hope them to be. I get it. Hope you feel better soon falling into routine. It’s good you did something to lay your brother to rest. So something else was accomplished on the trip.
Sorry. My mistake. I forgot about having posted that. (I guess the phrase had stuck in my head, since my sister included it in the lecture she gave me about her fear of me sticking around too long at her house.) I see how I caused confusion around that term.

My sister who says she likes things to be well planned let me know that she did not want me to stay with her too long. Too long ended up meaning not more than a few days. That surprised me. What really felt like a punch in the nose was to find out now that my visit to her home last year was looked upon as an overly long imposition. It's humiliating to be told that I had overstayed my welcome last year. I feel like a fool. My stay with that sister last year got extended because I opted to not go stay with my other sister, partly due to her drinking and some drama that went with it.

Feeling unwanted is bad enough. It's way more embarrassing to be flat out told that my visit a year ago was too long. I think that was unnecessarily cruel. This year I had only been with her for two days when she came out with these complaints. The more I'm thinking about this, the more I'm feeling that I've been a jerk assuming that my company was desired. This sister sends mixed signals. She doesn't call me to say "Happy Birthday," but she'll order an expensive floral arrangement delivered to me on my birthday. I think she feels a certain concern for me because I'm alone . . . sort of like a duty or out of pity. I don't want her charity. Before I left this time, she handed me a check to reimburse me toward what I had spent on my brother's final arrangements. I feel like mailing the check back to her.

I have to stop ruminating over this.
Rose76 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote