LonesomeTonight
Always in This Twilight

Member Since Feb 2015
75.3k hugs
given
Default Jun 25, 2024 at 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by comrademoomoo View Post
My therapist made a mistake last week which I found humiliating and which caused her shame. It was a very intense session. She was shaken and that in itself was difficult for me to observe. Anyway, I have done something art-based on the back of it - I have created her mistake in a form which we can hold, change, unpick, literally do something with it. It has been such a valuable thing for me to do. I had a period of art therapy in my 30s after having been very unwell and I often think about the importance of what that gave me - the different forms of things, metaphor, creation, etc. It has a similar effect to that of somatic work or embodied endeavour in that I like experiencing the meaning in these different ways.

It sounds like a painful session. Using art seems like a really productive way to process it. Will you share it with her?

I need to get back to using writing more to process therapy stuff (beyond what I post on here)--I did a little the other night when I couldn't sleep. I plan to do some on my little mini-vacation that I'm on right now, though I don't think I have the brainpower for it left today.

Maybe I need to try other forms of art, too. Back when I did a bit of painting, I channeled some anger from a therapy session for part of one.