View Single Post
Open Eyes
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2011
21.4k hugs
given
Default Jun 25, 2024 at 05:22 PM

Life is NOT manageable for people who have substance abuse problems, your wife LIVES in her alcoholism and WANTS you to pay for it.

I have seen many examples of this over the years. I have watched my husband try to support others to stay sober and many times they lose their license as they get caught DUI or damage their vehicle. They also tend to lose their jobs and struggle to be responsible at work.

Then they tend to have one failed relationship after another and that includes friendships. They tend to gather with others who also have substance abuse problems. They tend to become users of others and play victim. And yes, they get used too. It’s the nature of the beast. Not your fault and you and your children have suffered and now that she is out they can have their freedom to grow and be happy.

Also, it sounds like the state you live in is set up to think about your children and their right to a safe home. That means not expecting you to pay her money that would compromise your ability to provide for your children.

Last edited by Open Eyes; Jun 25, 2024 at 06:39 PM..
Open Eyes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote