LonesomeTonight
Always in This Twilight

Member Since Feb 2015
75.3k hugs
given
Default Jun 25, 2024 at 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NP_Complete View Post
I've been seeing a NP for meds about once a month since November. We also basically have a therapy session during those meetings which was not what I expected when I started going, but I'm okay with it now. At the end of our session today he asked if I was a hugger and offered a hug. I turned him down but left the door open for perhaps another time. The therapist I've wanted a hug from won't give me one and the therapist I do not have any attachment towards is willing to give me one. Not sure how I feel about that. I'm trying to decide if I should talk with P about it or just leave it alone.

That seems really difficult, how the random one offers a hug and the one you want a hug from won't give it. It could be something to bring up to P, but I don't know. My T is very clearly not a hugger--including in his outside life--so I feel if I talked about something like this with him, he'd just be like "that is one of my boundaries, you know that." So that's a risk, unless P has been vague about it. There can be value in talking about the desire to have that. I just know in my case, my T would emphasize the boundary. Yours might be different.