Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2014
1,280 hugs
given
Default Jun 25, 2024 at 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquarePegGuy View Post
I had to check to see what forum we're in: "Our Pets"

So, yes, My wife and I have brought a cat and a dog to the vet to get euthanized.

The dog, a Golden, was so hard to let go. But he was on his third bout of cancer (shoulder) and had a limp due to an old injury to the carpus of the opposite front leg. It was when I had a dream of him limping on a pulpy mess of a foot that I spoke to my wife about letting him go.

The cat was different. We had him for only about a month when got sick. Hi lungs were filling with fluid. I don't remember the details, but the prognosis was poor, so we agreed to it.

Today we have an old dog and cat. I don't think the dog will get through the summer. He's blind and deaf and had separation anxiety even before we adopted him from the rescue organization. As well, he's weak and sometimes struggles to breathe.

Meanwhile, the cat just seems to be wasting away. He had a seizure many years ago and has been on a med ever since. But now his appetite is so poor, we struggle just to get him to take his med.
I didn’t even realize it was on Our Pet forum because it was asking about euthanasia for people. Oops. It just appeared on my “new posts” and I didn’t notice

Yes it’s hard to decide when it’s the time to let your pet go and if they still have quality of life
divine1966 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote